Hygiene supplies for people experiencing homelessness
Street Health has over 150 daily visits from individuals who need personal care / hygiene supplies as well as seasonal necessities such as socks, underwear and winter warmth items.
Every visit provides the opportunity for staff to connect with people and explore what additional services and referrals can be useful to support their wellbeing.
Below is a list of supplies that are regularly distribute to clients. These items are always in high demand.
Street Health is able to distribute these much-needed supplies to our clients because of the generosity of donors. To make a donate of items please contact the fundraising department via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-921-8668 ext. 274.
The following items must be new and unopened:
- Socks (clients often request socks that include some wool content)
- Underwear all sizes for men and women
- Feminine hygiene products
- Incontinence supplies for men/women
- Shampoo and conditioner (sample and travel sizes preferred)
- Soap and body wash
- Moisturizer and lip balms
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (small size)
- Individual size: tissues and hand sanitizer
- Razors and combs
- Cough drops and lozenges
- Sleeping bags
November to April – warmth items in all sizes for men and women: long johns, hats, gloves/mitts, scarves.
May to October – cases of water, sunscreen, baseball and sun hats, plastic rain capes and covers.
We do not accept medical supplies or equipment and used clothing or shoes