Community Mental Health Referrals
Housing and Shelter
Central Intake – 416-338-4766/ 1-877-338-3398
- Margaret’s drop in, Monday and Friday 9.30am-4pm
- Woodgreen 416-645-6000 x2500 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm https://www.woodgreen.org/programs/housing-support-services
- Regent Park CHC: Wednesday 9 a.m. drop-in. Keep in mind that the RPCHC housing worker does not work with people who are staying in shelters (the shelters have their own housing workers).
Safe Bed: Call 416-248-4174 for availability. Two types of beds: Generic or Mental Health & Justice. More info: https://toronto.cmha.ca/programs-services/safebeds/
Withdrawal Management Services (Detox):
Info and resources for mental health, addictions, problem gambling services: 1-866-531-2600 or http://www.connexontario.ca
Family doctor/ Nurse Practitioners:
- Inner City FHT – 416-368-5666; 69 Queen St E (for people who have stayed in Toronto shelters)
- Regent Park CHC for people in this neighbourhood: No health card – Wednesday 9 a.m. drop-in. With health card – go anytime for application.
- Sherbourne Health Centre – 416-324-4180; 333 Sherbourne St (especially LGBTG+, refugees/newcomers)
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario: http://www.cpso.on.ca/public-register/all-doctors-search
- Health Care Connect – 1-800-445-1822
Sound Times for members (people who identify as having mental health issues/ addiction/ history of either can go in for intake appointment to become member). 3-4 month waitlist for first appointment with psychiatrist. More info: http://soundtimes.com/services/
- Yonge St Mission Phone Counselling 416 355 3568
- Family Service Toronto Phone Counselling– 416-595-9618
- Margaret’s, in person- every Friday 11-1pm
- Family Service Toronto, 355 Church St., Wednesday Walk-In at 3 p.m. More info about ongoing counselling: https://familyservicetoronto.org/our-services/programs-and-services/counselling/
More info: https://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/social/ow/apply.aspx
Neighbourhood Legal Services
for people in this neighbourhood. Call 416-861-0677 for more info or visit http://www.nlstoronto.org/
Community Legal Clinics
for other neighbourhoods: https://www.legalaid.on.ca/en/contact/contact.asp?type=cl
- Sound Times for members (people who identify as having mental health issues/ addiction/ history of either can go in for intake appointment to become member). Drop-in Mon & Wed 2-4 p.m., or by appointment
Free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer on any legal matter:
River Street has various programs you can look up online.
Call 211 or http://www.211toronto.ca/
Front Desk Back-Up staff can speak with any other staff member for other referrals or further information, if needed.
- Anishnawbe24/7 Mental Health Crisis Line – 416-891-8606 (Aboriginal clients)
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline– 416-863-0511, Toll-free: 1-866-863-0511
- Gerstein Centre– 416-929-5200
- Kids Help Phone– 1-800-668-6868
- Senior Crisis Access Line– 416-217-2077
- Telecare– 416-920-0497 (Mandarin & Cantonese)
- Toronto Distress Centres– 416-408-4357 or 416-408-HELP
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre– 416-597-8808
- Warm Line, Progress Place– 416-960-9276 or 416-960-WARM, 8pm to 12 midnight
- Youthdale’s Crisis Support Team– 416-363-9990
- Police-Free Crisis line – 416 915 4200. Connects callers with a nurse, social worker, and person with lived experience, available Tuesday-Saturday from 2 pm-10 pm. Catchment area is Carlton to Queen and Jarvis to Parliament.
Mobile crisis response teams (24hrs/7days)
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line 416-929-5200
- Mike’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department (911)– accessible through police (no direct number).
- Provided by St. Elizabeth Health Care416-498-0043
- Joseph’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department(911) – accessible through police (no direct number).
- ScarboroughHospital Regional Mobile Crisis Team – 416-495-2891
- Community Crisis Response Service, Distress Centre– 905-310-COPE (2673)